If the user wants to extend the effective service life of the battery, in addition to the quality of the charger, the correct charging method is also essential, because the poor quality charger or the wrong charging method will affect the service life and cycle life of the battery. Here are the tips on extending the life of the mobile phone charging battery that the author has compiled:
- Please use the original charger or a brand with good reputation. The lithium battery should use a special charger for lithium batteries and follow the instructions. Otherwise, the battery will be damaged or even dangerous.
- If the newly purchased mobile phone battery is lithium ion, the first 3-5 charges are generally called the adjustment period, and should be charged for more than 14 hours to ensure full activation of lithium ion activity. Lithium ion battery has no memory effect, but it has a strong sui property. It should be fully activated to ensure the best efficiency in future use.
- Before the battery leaves the factory, the manufacturer has activated it and pre charged it, so the battery has residual power. A friend said that the battery will be charged according to the time of the adjustment period, but the standby is still seriously insufficient. If the battery is really a genuine battery, in this case, the adjustment period should be extended for another 3 to 5 times to fully charge and discharge.
- Before charging, the lithium battery does not need special discharge. Improper discharge will damage the battery. When charging, try to use slow charging to reduce fast charging; Do not exceed 24 hours. After three to five complete charging and discharging cycles, the chemical substances inside the battery will be fully "activated" to achieve the best use effect.
- When the indicator light of some automatic intelligent fast chargers changes, it only means that they are full of 90%. The charger will automatically change to charge the battery at a slow rate. It is better to use the battery after it is fully charged, otherwise the service time will be shortened.
- Many users often leave their mobile phones open during charging, which may easily damage the life of the mobile phones. Because the circuit board of the mobile phones will heat up during charging, and at this time, if there is a foreign phone, it may generate a transient return current, causing damage to the internal components of the mobile phones.
- The battery life depends on the number of times of repeated charging and discharging, so try to avoid charging when the battery has surplus power, which will shorten the battery life. When the mobile phone is turned off for more than 7 days, the mobile phone battery should be fully discharged before use.
- Mobile phone batteries are self discharging. When not in use, nickel metal hydride batteries will discharge at about 1% of the remaining capacity every day, and lithium batteries will discharge at 0.2%~0.3% every day. When charging the battery, try to use the special socket, and do not share the socket with the charger and TV and other household appliances.
- Although the mobile phone is within the network coverage area, it can no longer accept and make calls when the phone is turned off and charged. At this time, you can transfer the phone to the nearby fixed phone by using the mobile phone's non passable transfer function to prevent the loss of incoming calls. This method is also applicable when the phone is not in the network coverage area or the signal is weak and cannot be connected temporarily.
- Do not expose the battery to high temperature or cold. For example, in dog days, do not put the mobile phone in the car to withstand the sun; Or take it to the air-conditioned room and put it in the place where the cold air blows directly. When charging, it is normal for the battery to have a little heat, but it should not be subject to the "suffering" of high temperature. To avoid this, it is better to charge the phone at room temperature and do not cover anything on the phone.
- Before charging the nickel cadmium (NiCd) battery, ensure that the battery is completely dead, and after recharging, ensure that the battery is fully charged.
- If the mobile phone battery is left unused for too long, it is better to apply to the mobile phone maintenance department for a living treatment of the battery, or you can use a DC constant voltage device to adjust the voltage to 5~6V, and the current to 500~600mA to connect the battery reversely. Note: Release at one touch and repeat it for three times at most. After such treatment, use the original charger for "adjustment period" charging.
- The longer the charging time is, the better. Stop charging the battery without protective circuit after it is fully charged, otherwise the battery will affect its performance due to heating or overheating.
- The lithium ion battery must use a special charger, otherwise it may not reach the saturation state and affect its performance. After charging, avoid placing it on the charger for more than 12 hours, and separate the battery from the mobile phone when it is not used for a long time
The above 14 points of mobile phone charging method has been proved to be effective in prolonging the life of the mobile phone battery through practice. Those who need it can try it, saving money and resources.